Parish Church of San Lorenzo
Dedicated to St. Lawrence Martyr, Its construction began in 1766, designed by the architect Carlo Francesco Rangone of Montelupo. Fueretta instead of the old church, that had the facade facing west, and on the site of the old castle owned by the family Falletti. The interior is the altar dedicated to San Lorenzo and two side chapels. The chapel on the right houses the altar of the Holy Rosary, executed in 1786 Capia by the stucco and topped by a large painting on canvas, by an unknown author, depicting the Madonna of the Rosary, San Domenico and the angels. On the left side of the chapel is a remarkable wooden statue of the Virgin of the Holy Rosary,also of the eighteenth century, Decorate with DORATURA. The chapel on the left, dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua, once belonged to the Society of Suffrage, subsequently passed to the Caramels of Clavesanas, Lords of Rodello. The building of the altar was in 1787, at the expense of the abbot Maurizio Caramels that, death, was buried in chiesa.Sull'altare there is a painting that depicts the souls in Purgatory dominated by Madonna, from Santo Stefano, of San Francesco and Sant'Antonio. In the presbytery, elevated from the rest of the church by a step, a shovel above the main altar and the choir: it appear in San Lorenzo, St. Maximus and the Virgin of the Assumption; background, between the two saints are portrayed Rodello. The painting dates back to the 1891 and is the work of the painter Sante Conti. Pending on the blade, another remarkable painting, by an unknown author, depicts the Holy Trinity; There is evidence of its presence since the end of the '700. To the side of the altar-piece main, two valuable paintings in chiaroscuro of Louis Morgari, portray San Rocco, invoked against the plague, and Santa Eurosia, Spanish martyr and patron of agricultural activities. The two works date back to the 1891. In more recent times (1931-1932) is the complete decoration of the whole body of the church: the decorations were executed by the painter Carlo Frascaroli and figures by the Alexandrian Lorenzo Laiolo. You can admire the art of Laiolo also on the fresco of the dome above the main altar, depicting the Triumph of the Eucharist, and especially in the cycle of the central dome, in the four paintings that depict many scenes from the life of San Lorenzo. Two frescoes on the sides of the main altar, in the presbytery, respectively depict the Last Supper and Jesus and the Children. Completing the apparatus of the church artistic paintings of the four evangelists,located to either side of the dome, the pulpit and stucco facing the tribune, placed on the door of the tower: now closed, was originally intended to accommodate imembri family Falletti, you accedevanodirettamente adiacente.All'ingresso from home is the wooden grandstand provenientedalla convent church of San Francesco in Alba,now demolished. Noteworthy also is the bell tower dellachiesa, built in 1788.